Thursday 3 March 2011

Pre Spray Preparation

The car is all but sprayed. By that I mean the body has been rubbed down, and the holes left by various chrome parts being removed have been welded and filled.

The brackets for the lights have been manufactured and one has been riveted to the roof. Here you can see the car all preped for spraying. I'm supposed to get it back on Monday:

Click the image to enlarge......


I thought I should post a picture of the car in this state. Not a big update to the blog, but thought you all might like to see this part. After this it's logo time, but I'm really looking forward to seeing the car with the lights mounted on the roof. It's going to be a major step.

If anyone has any idea how to get a long 7 foot flexible CB areal, please let me know. They don't seem to make them at that length any more, there's only one that could qualify, but it's £280 and for something cosmetic I don't think it's worth shelling that amount of money out. I have an idea on how to fabricate one, but would like an authentic one. So if anyone has one kicking around from back in the 80s let me know.......

Over and out.......

26 comments:

  1. I like all updates, no matter how minor. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6.5' enough? Or 2M is today's money:

    http://www.capitaltrucking.co.uk/sirio-hipower-4000-pl-hf-7-8-mobile-cb-radio-antenna

    £32.64+P&P

    You'll probably need a mag mount or some such...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Simon, appreciated. 2m is not quite long enough however! Frustratingly it has to be 2.2m and that seems to be just about at the limit of most of the longest ones. That said, I've come up with a solution, watch this space, update in the next 24 hours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'm impressed how true to the cause you are staying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you looked into army antennas, seems like old tank ones are very similar..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really must do some work, but in the meanwhile: http://www.cbradioaustralia.com.au/zcg-tcma-675-uhf-cb-radio-antenna from oz, right lenght right colour, you'd have to make a mount though...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you staying true to the cause enough to burn a million quid?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait for the next update. This is uber brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. were you in Cheltenham today.......in said vehicle?!.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so great and amazing. You are doing the Timelord's work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw a 'Ford Timelord' heading south on the A34, south of Newbury, Berkshire at about 2,30pm on Tuesday April 5th... Was that you? The car looked amazing

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dog: That was me, on my way down to catch the ferry to Spain. We're in the Sirra Nevada right now. Updates when I return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're u coming back down south on m6 on the sat 26th August after the return of klf 3 day event?
      I was on way up to Manchester and I def saw a timelord real or replica,
      Was that you?and can u send me pics?
      Is quality๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐ŸปCan reach me lummox99@icloud.com

      Delete
  13. You may have the best possible timing... have you seen http://theflk.com/ as the north appears to be rising again?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can imagine driving this along the Tabernas desert while listening to madrugada eterna, would made my hair stand on end, at least.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Any updates on this fella?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing project! Super envious!
    I'd love to shoot this for an appropriate mag' when its done..... www.abcarpix.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic build ! Post more pics & updates.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Any updates???

    ReplyDelete
  19. Any progress? What happened....

    ReplyDelete
  20. Need more spray??? Please update!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What happended with the car?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yeah what happened? Where are the final shots of this project?

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'd love to see the final pics! Out of interest were you driving through Den Bosch in Holland in around 2009-2011?

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really hope this still gets finished one day.

    ReplyDelete